1. Plants are auspicious from the point of feng shui. It is always good to grow plants in the house, especially wooded plants.
2. Plants in the office also bring about increased luck in your career. Place plants in the east, south or south-east corners (Family area, Wealth area and Fame area of the Bagua energy map)of your office for maximum luck.
3. If you are a married couple and want children, avoid putting flowers in the bedroom. Instead, place a basket of fruits in your bedroom. Fruits, especially pomegranates, are a symbol of fertility.
4. Don't place thorny plants inside your home. Thorny plants do form a protective shield, and could be placed outside the home. Don't place them too near the front door. They could be placed a little further away from the door, or in the balcony.
5. Don't place bonsai plant inside or outside the home. They represent stunted growth.
6. Trim your plants regularly. Overgrown plants promote bad energy. Similarly, trim trees in your garden regularly. Don't let them overwhelm your house.
7. Fresh flowers bring luck and fortune in your home. Place fresh flowers in your living room on a regular basis. However, once they die, throw them out. Don't leave dying flowers in your home.
8. Avoid placing dried flowers in your house. They are believed to bring misfortune. Artificial flowers are a far preferable option and are believed to bring luck.
9. Do not place any flowers or any other auspicious feng shui symbol in the bathroom. The good luck will backfire and turn into bad luck.
10. Ever noticed lemons hanging on the entrances of shops in Hindu artwork? They are believed to ward off the evil eye, according to Hindu superstitious beliefs. Similarly, oranges and lemons are believed to be powerful symbols of fortune, and bring prosperity to the home. They should be placed at the entrance.