If you're in business, there's nothing better than hearing the cash register ring. Every time you make a sale, it's a thrill - no matter whether your business is online or a retail establishment.
But when the sales don't come in, it's extremely frustrating. You wonder why your products aren't moving, why the phone isn't ringing or the sales just aren't coming.When you're ready to see more sales start streaming in, it helps to understand some of the key principles of feng shui. Once you do, you'll see how you can stimulate movement if sales have been flat -- and help start the flow of sales again.Follow these tips to help you get that cash register ringing.
1. Change your merchandise.Feng shui likes movement and flow. Rotating your merchandise is one way to both keep your merchandise fresh and the sales stimulated. In a retail establishment, keep rotating seasonal merchandise and regularly mix up the floor plan of the store. Sometimes just moving the merchandise to a new location can make sales. In an online business, move your offerings around and have a variety of options at a variety of price points. Point out different items you have to sell at various times.
2. Make use of the lucky corner. These are the feng shui power corners. The corners opposite and diagonal to the door are the "lucky corners" that can be used to create a special corner with special offerings or unique products. These corners are perfect areas to add extra eye-catching details, too. Add lighting and plants in the lucky corners to add extra growth and fame energy - which also stimulates sales.
3. Hide the bathroom. I shopped at a local boutique for five years before I ever noticed there was a restroom in the establishment. Never call attention to a bathroom. Because these are "yin" spaces, they'll drain sales, so don't make them prominent in your business unless you want sales to go down the toilet.
4. Be a sore thumb. Yep, that's right. Sticking out is good feng shui and captures people's attention -- always a good idea when you want to make sales. Find a way to catch someone's attention in a unique and unusual way and you will help draw attention to a product, and lead your customer to the cash register.
5. Show gratitude.Gratitude is excellent feng shui because it creates goodwill, and that often keeps businesses afloat. Make sure customers know you're happy they made a purchase with you. You can do this with a free gift, a note tucked into the purchase, even a label on the box (if you ship) that says "thank you for your purchase." How could you show your customers that you appreciate them?
6. Be friendly. Customers like to feel appreciated and that you're happy they're there. Atmosphere is critical in feng shui. An atmosphere that is welcoming and warm helps bring in more customers and is just as important as great merchandise. One very popular local hamburger restaurant greets customers as they walk in the door and says a hearty "thank you" as they walk out the door. The whole restaurant has a family feel about it and it creates long-term repeat business because the customers feel welcome there.
7. Hire the right people. The right people will create a positive feeling in your business and your customers will be happy when they interact with them. Good employees will create more goodwill with your clients and will a draw more customers. These employees also create good chi for the business. Customers will continue to come to your business when your employees are knowledgeable, helpful, and pleasant.