Lighting is a form of artwork through illumination. It is one of the most important items on any designer’s checklist. A room can come alive to scream happy birthday or whisper rest and relaxation all with the right glow.
The options are a endless. Take your pick from spotlights that shine bright on a dramatic A-frame ceiling to intimate reading corners rich with a round floor lamp or a hanging pendant allowing a shimmery wallpaper to dance in a small bathroom.
Proper lighting defines a space, adds depth and influences the mood of a room.
- Ambient Lighting: Light that comes from all directions can be supplied by recessed lights, chandeliers, floor lamps or other ceiling fixtures.
- Accent Lighting: Provides interest or drama to a room through up lights or spotlights.
- Task Lighting: Practical lighting for areas used for daily activities such as reading, cooking and sewing. Achieved through under cabinet lights for a kitchen or table lamps.
- Aesthetic Lighting: Purely decorative.
- Natural Light: A room can be arranged to optimize the position of the sun throughout the day.
Any room can be upgraded to spectacular by incorporating the right light.