Finding Your Wealth Area
Feng shui associates prosperity with the back left corner of any space. Stand at your front door facing into the house; your wealth area is at the back of the house on the left-hand side. There's also a wealth area within each room: facing in from the doorway, it's the corner area in the back of the room on the left-hand side.
Now that you've identified your wealth areas, here are some quick and easy ways to apply Feng shui to these spaces so you can generate good luck and attract more money:
1. Clear out any clutter from these important areas. Clutter is a sign of stagnant energy, and clutter in your wealth areas can clog up your cash flow. Getting rid of clutter is one of the most powerful ways to shift the energy up.
2. Fix things that are broken. Anything that doesn't work as it should is a sign of something wrong in the area of your life that corresponds to that part of your space. It's time to do something about that loose doorknob, non-working light switch, stuck file drawer, or clock that doesn't keep correct time, to name just a few possible examples. Remove items like these from your wealth area or fix them so they work properly.
3. Your Front Door can Enhance Your Wealth: Is your front door hidden? Does your home or office face away from the street? If your entrance cannot easily be seen from the street, opportunities and income have a harder time getting to you. Invite chi to your front door by placing lights or moving objects or colors along the way. Your front door is the gateway to opportunities, so make sure the condition and appearance of the door are inviting and that doorknobs and hinges works smoothly.
4. Enhance your area with symbols of prosperity, such as a bowl of coins (add your loose change to it every day), a "lucky bamboo" plant, or anything that symbolizes success and prosperity to you. There are lots of Chinese luck symbols available, but you don't have to use them unless you want to. A picture of your dream house, or a model of that luxury car you long for, is an effective money symbol because it has personal meaning for you.
5. Accent your money areas with the colors green, red or purple. Green symbolizes vitality and growth, red brings energy and power, and purple is the best color for wealth. You can place a big chunk of purple amethyst in this area and have décor accents in those colors. Also Place a bowl of green and purple grapes (real or artificial) in the wealth area of your kitchen, to symbolize abundance filling your home. If you use real grapes, it's okay to eat them, just add more from time to time so the grapes remain fresh and the bowl is always more than half full.
6. Use the elements of water to enhance your wealth area. Aquariums, images representing water and Water features like fountains are a boost for wealth areas. A tabletop fountain with the soothing sound of flowing water is perfect. Water fountains that collect water, symbolize collecting or acquiring wealth. The water element is symbolic of the flow and clarity of life-force energy. Position the fountain so that the water flows toward the center of the room for maximum results. Running water helps move positive chi energy through the room, while promoting a soothing, calm environment.
7. Add a healthy plant with round leaves to symbolize the growth of your capital. You can use a jade plant, a money plant, any healthy and “friendly” (no cactus here!) will be good for this area.
With those easy to follow steps, you can be confident that you put in place all the elements needed to boost your finances and grow your wealth.